July 5 is National Injury Prevention Day
The BCIRPU partnered with Parachute Canada for the first National Injury Prevention Day on July 5, 2017.
This new annual recognition day was created to help build awareness of the devastating impact of injury. Injury is the number one killer of Canadians aged 1 to 44, where one child dies every nine hours. Most injuries are predictable and preventable, and we want to help Canadians live long lives to the fullest through education, knowledge, and empowerment.
Thank you to the following BC landmarks who agreed to “go green” for this important cause:
- Canada Place (Vancouver)
- City Hall (Vancouver)
- Telus World of Science (Vancouver)
- Fitzsimmons Bridge (Whistler)
- BC Place (Vancouver – July 6)
How can you participate?
- Share information about National Injury Prevention Day through your networks on social using #NIPD and #StopTheClock and help us to spread the word about #injuryprevention and work towards the goal of an injury-free Canada.
- Take pictures of landmarks lighting up in support and tag them with the hashtag #NIPD.