Winter is in full swing in British Columbia! We’ve put together some safety tips.
Be prepared for driving in winter ice and snow. ICBC has some tips on winter driving.
- Keep an emergency kit, warm clothing, food, and snow removal equipment in your vehicle
- Winter tires are mandatory on some stretches of BC highways
- Adjust your speed and driving for the conditions
- Always wear a helmet when snowmobiling
- Understand the conditions before you go out
- Children under 6 should not be allowed on a snowmobile
- Know the signs of unstable snow and avalanche risk
Skating, skiing, snowboarding
Before you hit the slopes or the ice rink, check out these resources: